Problem with libreadline.so.4

AgelessStranger

Hi

I trying to install the hugs RPM (hugs98-Nov2003-1.i386.rpm) and when I use rpm it says that it failed because dependecies libreadline.so.4 are not there. So I got the rpm for the readline library and installed it. Now in the /lib and the /usr/lib there are libreadline.so.4.0 files and the hugs rpm will still not install (it still gives the same error message). I have searched for the hugs rpm and the libreadline.so.4 file and cannot find anything useful. Any help would be much appreciated.

hi.

well, it seems that the rpm is probably the wrong one. as you might see, it is designed for i386. but mandrake usually uses some mdk.i586 rpms (i assume you are running mdk9.2 or 10). if you find some .srpm file, you can build your own rpm with it. otherwise, try to grab the sources in tar.gz format and compile it. if more info is required, please post your questions. :)

Yeah I thought that it might be the wrong one as all the other rpms I have used had i586 in them. I have got another rpm file (from haskell.org) the name of it is hugs98-Nov2003-1.src.rpm I am sure that this is the source rpm and this is the one that throws the error. With source rmps does the command line guide you through the build process? Thanks

type in console:

rpmbuild --rebuild <name of the source.rpm with path> (e.g. rpmbuild --rebuild /home/me/myfolder/blah.source.rpm)

make sure you have the development tools installed.

good luck :thumbs:

ok I used the rpmbuild --rebuild command (thanks for that one) but it still had an error:

Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.51467 (%install)

oh well I got another rpm with the i586 architecture so I think I´ll use this one.

one quick question where does rpmbuild put the rpm that it creates?

Thanks