Awesome Network Browser!

SoulSe

I discovered this yeasterday: http://autoscan.free.fr/

The answer to our network browsing problems are almost here!

I compiled the beta yesterday - beautifull, docks nicely in Gnome, scan comprehensiveley (an slowly) but isn't completely functional yet.

Mandrake rpms available on-site. Very cool. :thumbs:

I compiled the beta yesterday - beautifull, docks nicely in Gnome, scan comprehensiveley (an slowly) but isn't completely functional yet.

Could you please give install/usage instructions? I installed the rpm under MDK9.2 (though it's MDK10 rpm, it installs, why not then?), it prints out some text in French, then gets stuck...

Could you please give install/usage instructions? I installed the rpm under MDK9.2 (though it's MDK10 rpm, it installs, why not then?), it prints out some text in French, then gets stuck...

There may be small but distinct differencre between rpm's. Always use teh lable as a guide. If it is universal, noarch is in the name. If it is a targeted rpm, stick to the target.

Could you please give install/usage instructions? I installed the rpm under MDK9.2 (though it's MDK10 rpm, it installs, why not then?), it prints out some text in French, then  gets stuck...

It's not stuck - look for the little icon in the notification area of Gnome (you might have to add this to a panel if you don't have notification area running) and then click on the network icon.

Unfortunately, because of this hiccup, AutoScan will only work in Gnome for now AFAIK.

Could you please give install/usage instructions? I installed the rpm under MDK9.2 (though it's MDK10 rpm, it installs, why not then?), it prints out some text in French, then  gets stuck...

It's not stuck - look for the little icon in the notification area of Gnome (you might have to add this to a panel if you don't have notification area running) and then click on the network icon.

Unfortunately, because of this hiccup, AutoScan will only work in Gnome for now AFAIK.

I was trying it in KDE :oops: