KDE 3.2 and spell checking

rlemp

Hi to everybody!

Sometimes, as OO loads very slow, I use KWrite to write some lines, also I use KMail (inside Kontact) and KNode to communicate.

Last week I was writing a new message to a news group using KNode and I asked to spell check the whole thing. It worked strange, as I forgot to adjust the proper language setting inside KNode's settings. So I opened the configure settings inside KNode and went to spell check and saw a looooooooooong list of dictionaries to chose from. The drop down list contains 68 different dictionaries, whereof I installed only 6 of them (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian and Swedish) during MDK 10 installation.

So I tried to find wherefrom the the long list comes, and I succeeded in '/usr/lib/aspell/' where the whole list of dictionaries (which is 1:1 shown in the spell check settings) is stored.

I wonder now which of them I really need. If I look into the directory I find even versions of i.e. French for Switzerland (file names like fr_CH-40.multi, fr_CH-60.multi, etc.) and I really don't need them and don't want them to be displayed in the spell check settings.

Any hints which of them I can get rid of? Is it enough to delete (or better move) them?

Thanks in advance.

/Reinhard

go to Mandrake Control Center->software management->remove software. type either kdict or aspell (not sure which one it is at the moment) in the search, then remove any language packs associated with either of those you don't want. you'll be able to tell by clicking on a search entry & looking in the right information panel. set it to maximum info if nothing there is helpful.

Chris