wlan ARRRRRRG

Guest dhewton

Guest dhewton

Hi folks. I am not a total newbie. I can compile kernels. ;-)

I have a D-link wireless B card. It is not recognized by ANY of the modules in the kernel. I have tried every source code from 2.63, to what I now run 2.68. I can get everything running except this and my sound blaster live. The sound card can wait. Internet access cannot.

Went to D-links web site and they send me to wlan.org or something like that. "the project" in any case. I download and compile following their instructions. My machine will NOT recognize the card.

This is my wifes machine, and I would dearly love to finally ditch windlows. I have everything I need for multimedia thanks to plf, but if I cannot connect to the internet, none of the other cool stuff matters.

Installled Linspire and it detects automatically like windlows would have. I really wish I could get this to work. I installed and compiled all new xfree86, evolution, audacity, mplayer, lame on my notebook. But all I care about on my wifes machine is that it runs which includes wireless internet access.

The hardware detection suggests the card is a realtech something. Also Texas instruments ACX100/Realtek RTL-8029. is pci card

Dan

Edited by dhewton