Ndiswrapper 0.8 Mandrake 10 Dell 510m

Guest vincentb

Guest vincentb

All,

I know there are many posts in this site (and others) describing problems dealing with wireless card. I have read so many ... I can not even tell you how many but none of them gave me a solution ....

I really need your help .. I am desperate and more and more thinking about coming back to ... XP.

I have recently bought a DELL 510m, installed Mandrake 10.0 on it with ndiswrapper 0.8

I have the following chipset on my wireless card: Broadcom Corporation|BCM94306 802.11g NIC [NETWORK_OTHER]

I have the driver files from my XP partition. From what I can understand, the driver seems to be properly installed:

[root@localhost Ndiswrapper]# ndiswrapper -l

Installed ndis drivers:

bcmwl5 present

[root@localhost Ndiswrapper]#

but, my computer is frozen once I type the 'magic command' : modprobe ndiswrapper.

Please heeeellp.

Any idea,

Thanks,

Vincent

Do you have an Asus WL100-G pcmcia card? I recognize the Broadcom chipset you mention although I am not sure if my Asus card has exactly the same chipset, but I think so.

What I've used to get my card to work is Linuxant's Driverloader (www.linuxant.com), it was a bit of struggle but now I almost got it working the way I want to. I think you should give it a try, it costs $19,95 but you can try it out for 30 days and their support is pretty fast in case you get stuck.