install updates offline from CD on PC with slow In

sitor

Hello,

I'm about to install MDK 10 on a PC with a slow Internet connection. I want to install the updates for security. Therefore I have downloaded the whole updates tree from a PC with a fast connection. However, I can't get it to install the updates from the CD (or from a folder on the HD).

I'm trying using the MCC (I'm not really a CLI hero). It always wants to go online to find an online update source. There is a way to force it to use a specific source by adding an update source in the Media Manager, but that seems not to accept a local folder (it still wants to go on the net). Probably I need to put the path towards that local folder in a specific notation (did not work with file://...).

Anyone that knows how I can do this. This is for a user that is fed up with the insecurity of Windows, so I certainly want to give him a secure system. However he would not appreciate a whole nights download either (here in Belgium that is quite expensive).

Any help would be dearly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sitor

Edited by sitor

OK,

I got it. Instead of using Mandrake Update, I needed to add the local folder as a medium (in the Media Manager) and use the Install Software. There you can select to filter "All packages by update availibility". This gives you the packages that are updates and by selecting them you can perform the update.

Ciao,

Sitor