Executing Firefox

sambo

I've just downloaded Firefox 0.91 and appear to have installed it correctly.

However, after installing (in which it runs Firefox) I closed Firefox and don't know how to use it again (ie. execute the file)

How do you do this?

Thanks!

Open a console, and type 'firefox' to see if that starts the program:

- if it does, you can do a 'whereis firefox' to find out the route to it,

- if it doesn't, then you can do an 'updatedb' as root, and then use 'locate firefox' that will list all the files with 'firefox' on them, once you find it on that list, cd to the directory where it resides and do "./firefox".

Anyway, if you didnt change the installation path when the installer asked you, you can just fire up the installer again and see whats the default path (then cancel this installation), back to the console, cd to that path and do './firefox' .

Edited by feralertx

From a consol its :

mozilla firefox

I thought it was just 'firefox'?

depends on what location it is in as well, e.g. I put mine in /home/bin/firefox ; so either I add this directory to my path or I type the full pathname to the application...

for some reason I have to type /home/bin/./firefox as well... guess I have yet to make it executable (chmod +x ./firefox).

Edited by Darkelve

From a consol its :

mozilla firefox

:oops: Yeah thats right, just change where i say 'firefox' to 'mozilla-firefox'.

Sorry, I was at work and using windo$ so i couldnt check my words... :unsure:

Thanks for the correction!

I thought it was just 'firefox'?

No, anons right, the directory name you can change within the installer but the actual file to run is called mozilla-firefox.

for some reason I have to type /home/bin/./firefox as well... guess I have yet to make it executable (chmod +x ./firefox).

I did use the installer too and do not have that file. Maybe just a symbolic link?

Edited by feralertx