Problems with LFT TFT Monitor

Guest jeannique

Guest jeannique

I have a n ATI 9700 Pro with a Sony SDM 71R LCT TFT Monitor with a native resolution of 1280 x 1024.

On installing Mandrake 10.0 the resolution will not go above 1280 X 960 as a plug and play.

The custom configuration, even with the lowest H and V refresh rates puts me into command line start with errors, as does the generic LCT @ 1280 x 1024 and 1280 x 960. I then have to use XFdrake to go back to plug and play. My monitor is not listed under Sony and a trawl of the Sony site and Google produced no configuration advice. The ATI website lists a generic driver, but only for the 2.4 kernel, and I do not seem to be able to download even this.

In addition I have had intermittent problems with an off centre screen ( about 5cms to the right), which sometimes corrected after a reboot. However after four or five days I now have an even larger shift (about a third to the right!) that I cannot correct with the montor control or xvidtune as they are bot out of correction range!

I am now beginning to dispair, as I am not sure if the issues are related (ie a new ati dtriver would fix it all) or its just a co-incidence.

Finally if this is not enough, the fonts when looking at Konqerer appear fuzzy. On searching the forum's and google, this seems to be a common problem. Is there an easy solution.

Does anybody else have these issues, and any proposed solutions please. I anm starting to get to grips with Shells and command lines, but anything with using this would have to be fairly step by step.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew