BINARY NEWSGRABBER ?

Guest cyberian_bear

Guest cyberian_bear

so far linux mandrake has provided me with everything i need in terms of applications. However there is one thing that i would like to have--binary news grabber sort of like newsbin pro or sbnews. Searching through freashmeat and sourceforge I've found nothing that would help me. I'm posting here in the hopes that someone knows of the software that can help me. I am aware of the pan newsreader but it doesn't suit my needs very well. I've tried using some win apps with wine but that didn't work either.

Guest cyberian_bear

sorry for not clarifying it but the programs I've mentioned can connect to the newsserver and donwload bainry attachments based on the wild cards that i specify. fo for example if I specify *.mp3 the program will download all the mp3 files froma particular newsgroup.

Thank You very much for replying.

Guest cyberian_bear

thank you so much. This is exactly what i was looking for--110%. I hate user interface of this proggie as well but that's nota problem for me

thank you very much again.

Guest Languid_Heap

The best newsreader I've used on any platform is Pan. It's a gnome app, and it is awesome. I'm pretty sure it was included on the MDK 9 CDs but there's been a few updates since MDK was released. Give it a shot -- very good program. Newsbin Pro make me cringe in comparison :D

--

LH