Problem installing HP Laserjet 6L

eroica

:help: hello again,

I'm trying to install a HP Laserjet 6L thru MCC on 9.1 It detects the printer fine then goes online to download the 5 rpm's needed and says signatures verified. Then we start installation process and are then dumped out quite quickly with a message of "mpage missing. needed for foomatic filters. installalation aborted". Oh why didnt u say so in the first place! What the heck is my system tryng to tell me. I looked in software installation 2 see if there was some package called mpage that I hadnt installed but found nothing. The only thing i did do is the first time I tried install of printer I aborted out because I didnt have time to wait 4 downloads. Does someone have advice on how 2 get my printer working

thanx,

alan

just as an addon for anybody watching i did a search for mapage on google and did find the tar.gz for it. i did a make on it and wasnt sure if the resulting mpage executable should be placed in a specific place so i placed it in /sbin. tried install again from MCC and the same thing. install aborted foomatic filters needs mpage. any suggestions welcome...

alan

Urpmi is looking for installed rpm's, not installed programs (that's why 'upgrade' during an installation never works).

The reason why it couldn't find the package is probably because 9.1 is so last year...... (It isn't been given the attention it needs)

Use this page http://rpm.pbone.net/ to find mpage. Then install it: urpmi mpage

Good luck

Edited by devries