multiple monitors revisited

imwithstupid

Ok so i've been pestering the users of this forum with my questions about multiple monitors and what card to get. Well I finally ordered a Jaton PCI Geforce 5200 2 head card (I already have a agp card). Funny thing is...I'm going to have 3 monitors instead of 2. I went to the used computer store and picked up 2 17inchers without stands for $30 each which was cheaper than getting a 21 or 19 for $80 or $90. So....now that i have all this junk coming soon where do i go for more information on setting it all up. I know i'll be using xinerama and probably tweaking the setup in KDE's configuration utility. Anyone have any ideas of what else i should try/ look at?

Also both cards have the same (GeForce 5200) chipset. Does that mean I'll have to install the driver (modprobe) 2 times? (in my head this sounds like such a newb question).

ok...so I went to my local computer store and bought a KVM switch to go with this setup. (I am planning to be able to switch to my old laptop on the middle screen every once in a while.) I got one of these belkin kvm and its cool...but there is the BEEPing. Every freakin time i switch it beeps at me like its a microwave and my popcorn is ready.

So, I think that...because it cost only $25 i will void the little sucker's 3 yr warranty and see if I can't disable the beep. I'm guessing its one of those buzzer thingies like they put in cheezy birthday cards and such. Perhaps I'll take a picture and see if anyone has any ideas.