idsl?

Guest jacksturm

Guest jacksturm

Does anybody know how to get mandrake 10 to recognize and use a efficient networks 5871 router with idsl service?or am i just screwed?thanks in advance.

How do you have the network or dsl modem and router laid out?

It should be modem then router then computer.

Can you setup the computer and dsl modem without the router? If you can it narrows down the possible problems quite a bit.

Guest jacksturm
How do you have the network or dsl modem and router laid out?

It should be modem then router then computer.

Can you setup the computer and dsl modem without the router? If you can it narrows down the possible problems quite a bit.

the efficient 5871 router is the router-I don't have a wireless setup. I punched my dns numbers into mandrake and it seems to see the router, but I can't browse the web or anything.the mandrake firewall isn't enabled at all so it isn't that. and the router doesn't have the firewall turned on either.

Have you set the router to DHCP?

You should get a sub net address automaticly from it then.

Set the mandrake system to LAN and you should have any need to put in much other info.

That is if your using the MCC to setup your internet conection.

from the looks of it all u should do is setup your ethernet card for DHCP and assign it an address and tell it what the gateway address of the router is. This info should be in the router kit. A common setup is gateway - 192.168.1.1 and your ethernet card would be 192.168.1.50. I'm just giving this as an example from a linksys router setup. U can do all this from the Mandrake Control center and have the Wizard walk u thru it. Not to be too technical but have u tried pinging your router? if u can then perhaps your problem is on the DSL ----> ISP portion of your network. if you can ping your router try pinging a web site and see if u can do that

alan