Mdk 10 con't find digicam

pepsw

Hi,

I run Mandrake 10 and when I plug in my digicam there is no response from the computer. When I used Mdk 9.2 there was a icon that popped up on desktop, which I could click on and get my photos. In Mdk 10 no icon pops up and I can't find it under mount.

How can I make this work?

/Peter

Guest leon244

I am no expert, but try plugging it in and then in a console run tail /var/log/messages and see if the system identified the camera. This might give you a better idea of what the problem is so you can focus the solution.

Leon

is hotplugging activated? take a look in mcc and then look, if harddrake recognizes the cam. usually, the digicam is mounted @ /mnt/removable/~ once plugged in.

When I used Mdk 9.2 there was a icon that popped up on desktop, which I could click on and get my photos.

Im using 9.2 and when i plug in my canon sd110 (ixus iis) the icon of FLPHOTO comes up on the desktop, clicking on it opens the program that lets you get the pictures from the camera, is that what you are after??. However 9.2 doesnt mount the camera no where so i cannot use it as an usb harddrive...