Mandrake Update Mirror problems

Guest Mason59

Guest Mason59

When I try to connect to update servers I am unable to make a connection. RPMDrake exits telling me that it can't find the hdlist and exits with a code 7. Is this a problem anyone else is having?

Have also tried Easy URPMI and get the same exit messages in the console as I do using the GUI update tool. Is there something I should be trying that I'm not? Would there be any use in trying to connect using and FTP client? Is there a particular local port that is used for the connection as perhaps I've blocked this on the firewall in my router.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Doug

I had this also once. In order to fix it, simply go to mcc, select media manager then "check" the update source-path (should be below of the cd-rom entries) and let it update/reconfigure the hdlist.cz. After that, it should work again.

Guest Mason59

Have tried both of the solutions proposed, with no luck.

From the command line, ny output is as follows:

[root@mymachine]# urpmi.addmedia --curl main ftp://ftp.cise.ufl.edu/pub/mirrors/mandra...6/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

added medium main

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 3 (x86) (cdrom3).cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1).cz]

At that point, it just hangs. I have also tried using --wget and --curl, to no avail.

When adding by way of mcc, rpmdrake just hangs.

Thanks for the suggestions though as it really is helping me learn as I go.

:)

Doug

Guest anon

try this then:

urpmi.removemedia -a

Then:

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.sunsite.org.uk/package/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz