openoffice fonts

beesea

the only other posts i've seen regarding oo and ugly fonts relates to fonts and the openoffice ui. my problem isn't with the ui, its with the main part of writer (although the problem isn't just with writer) where you type in the text. i also wanna say that this is the first time i've used an oo app in about a month, and i never had an ugly font problem before.

i think the problem might be a package i may have updated that might screw up the oo display. has there been any recent mdk updates that have come out relating to oo or fonts? i don't really pay attention to what i update.

if it ain't a package update, anyone else know what it might be?

Have you installed freetype rpms from texstar or plf that is hacked to enable antialiasing? I installed those rpms and imported my truetype fonts from my windows partition and everything looks smooth.

You can find the rpms from the Worthwhile links section in the links above.

Have a look here.

http://www.club-nihil.net/mub/viewtopic.ph...ght=open+office

The last message in this thread was helpful to me. After selecting a good font oo looked much better.

yeah, i checked out that post the other day but running spadmin doesn't really apply to my problem. oo already recognizes all my fonts (including the ms fonts)

for some related (maybe) news, i tried to see what would happen if i disabled antialiasing in oo from tools - option - openoffice.org - view. after i disabled aa, all fonts in the ui and the editing area disappeared. the only thing i could see of menus is the underlines that signify shortcuts.

Guest josetann
for some related (maybe) news, i tried to see what would happen if i disabled antialiasing in oo from tools - option - openoffice.org - view.  after i disabled aa, all fonts in the ui and the editing area disappeared.  the only thing i could see of menus is the underlines that signify shortcuts.

I've been messing around with my fonts so I thought I'd better check out OpenOffice.org...well...same thing that happened to you. I had some popup boxes and I have no idea what they meant but I think I clicked on cancel (one had three choices, I chose the middle one for that, lol). Anyone know how to fix that? And could they give us the shortcuts to use since we obviously can't use instructions in the form of "goto file, tools, preferences...."?

Guest josetann

Didn't work. Don't know if you meant the first checkbox on the right or left so I unchecked both (they were both already checked) and nothing. Closed and re-opened OpenOffice.org, rechecked those, still nothing. Argh! :(