Small Business Financial Software

knight40

thanks for the reply, was looking for small business financial software, is their any that comes with Mandrake Linux 10.0?

Or, any free programs?

Also any free databases? looked at SQL Ledger accounting, I am not a major programmer, just want a good free simple prgram to use.

Is GNUcash good enough for that?

Thanks in advance

I work for a small accounting firm in Western Australia. We are now using Mandrake 10.0 on some of our desktop workstations.

Gnucash is probably good enough for a lot of small business bookkeeping but you might want to think about buying CrossOver Office (http://www.codeweavers.com) and running Quicken 2002 with that.

Assuming you prefer Quicken to Gnucash. If you are going to GnuCash, I'd suggest you go to gnucash.org and study the user manual. It's a long heavy read but it does reveal most of the functions in GnuCash. They aren't always that obvious. You can also plug GnuCash into a postgreSQL database. There should be a Mandrake RPM for that somewhere. If I can find it I will post a link to that very soon.

Depending on the size and scope of your business you might want to try: there is a good list of open source business apps at http://cbbrowne.com/info/financefreesoft.html

My advice would be stick with Gnucash. It will do the job nicely... It's just a shame it is so butt ugly!

Edited by mousematt