xsession error I want to fix

HenryH

I am running MDK 8.0 on a more than adequate system.

I installed the netzero.deb file so I could dial up using netzero.

I manually uncompressed the .deb file out using Alien then moved things where they wanted to be. The windows created are outsized for the graphics level I use. Although it does get me online, the dialer program does not function entirely corectly. This error crops up when I use it to log on.

Any Help you might give me would be greatly appreciated.

my xsession errors file loged this error:

WARNING: Can't get realtime priority (try running as root)!

This means that this program will likely not be able

to produce acceptable sound (without clicks and breaks).

QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 6 and type read

kicker: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9

Major opcode: 14

kicker: WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9

[artsd] suspend

I am running MDK 8.0 on a more than adequate system.

:o :o

8.0?? you know that Mandrake 10.0 is out, right? 8.0 is about 2 years old now.

And you shouldn't need a special dialer to dial up to the internet. just use kppp (should be in your menu) - put in your phone number, login and password and that should work just fine.

i doubt you'll fix those errors without rewriting the code...seems to me like the program is sending calls to KDE that KDE doesn't like.

oh, and welcome to the board :thumbs:

I know 10.0 is out, I've thought about it too, but I'm running a 56k dialup and downloading the ISO's would take me untill 11.0 were out to download. :cheesy:

True as that may be for most ISP's it is not true for Netzero. :wall:

I tried to use kppp to log on to Netzero, it was a no-go. Then I found the deb file on their web site and it mostly works.

Thanks for the welcome.