DVB-t card and mdk10????

deiz

Does anyone know where I can get a 'idiots guide' to configuring my card so I can start watching digital terrestrial (uk) telly on my linux?

What might help you help me here is:

* - Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t (basically DVB terrestrial in the UK)

* - It's a 'budget' card.

* - Kernel 2.6.7 (smp, even tho i'm not using the smp bit of it)

* - Nothing is detected (i.e there is no '/dev/v4l/adaptor0' or '/dev/dvb/adaptor0').

* - There IS a TV Card option in the KDEhardware manager, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything.

* - the chip IS detected (dmesg)

* - Tuner Chip is Phillips SAA7146AH

Now where do I start???

Do I need any additional drivers or would my Mandrake 10.0 Discovery package have everything?

Do I need any special software? I've heard I cannot use TvTime because my card hasn't got a hardware MPEG decoder, and that I need MythTV, and VDR??

So I need my card configured and recognised by the system, maybe download some drivers, install and configure them, and then same with the applications, and quite possibly mess about with the kernel and some system files?

Night mare! HEEEEEEEEEEEELP (Please!)

I do understand that this will not be resolved overnight especially over forums, if anyone who knows anything be so kind as to PM me their messenger/yahoo ID's we could chat about it, the net isn't on Linux at the moment, will be in a few days. Could do with some new 'linux' mates, as I'm a 'Linux Virgin'

Thanks peeps.

Deiz