nvidia - NVchooser.sh problem

griptypethyne

I have downloaded the nvidia NVchooser.sh script and placed it in my home directory. When I open a terminal and enter the command NVchooser.sh I receive a Permission Denied message.

I logged on as root and re-entered the command. This time the error message was Command Not Found. I then tried ./NVchooser.sh andthe message was Permission Denied.

I suspect that I am doing something silly. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you make the script executable? If you use KDE, rightclick the file, choose properties, go to the second tab and tick 'executable'. Then try again with ./. (if you don't use KDE, change permissions with chmod)

:D Thanks for that. It solved the problem and I am now downloading the two files.

Installing Linux may be a little bit frustrating at times but I much prefer the modular, user is in control philosophy to the big blob (and growing), we know best approach of my old OS.

I installed Linux without difficulty or upsetting Windows. Then a week later I did something silly and in trying to fix it I did something even sillier. Windows is now un-bootable but I am not in a hurry to reinstall it. I may never do so...........