Installing Mandrake 10 rc1 for AMD 64

imwithstupid

I've tried to install Mdk 10 rc1 for amd 64 a couple of times now and it keeps giving me an error when it trys to format hda. Then if I dig a little deeper it tells me that it can't find all these perl scripts. I'm clueless as to what's going on. Any ideas?

(I'm at work now...I'll replicate the prob when I get home and copy down the whole error message)

Edited by imwithstupid

I had a problem with it accessing the IDe disks.

For me it couldnt load the stage2 from the CD... I didnt get past that it booted from the CD then claimed it couldnt find the CD ...

In the end i just mounted the iso's on another PC and made a http install.

If its just the HD format you can always preformat the disks anyway ... using a live Cd etc.

It worked and I found out that the problem was actually in writting the partition tables and not formating the drive. It formated the partitions redhat made and worked like a charm.

Except: I had to do it twice because redhat only gave like 80 MB to /home and i have a 80 gig harddrive...didn't notice till it said disk full when I was moving all my personal files into /home.

Thanks for idea...though it should've been something I thought of right away.