KVM mouse keeps disappearing.

papaschtroumpf

I use a Belkin KVM and about every other time I reboot my linux machine the mouse doesn;t work. Rebooting again usually fixes it.

In Mandrake 9.2 I used to get a message from the hardware detection module that some device was removed (tty-something I think but I don;t have a copy of the error) and that a new device was added (mouse). After rebotting it would do the same thing again and "switch things back" to normal.

I just installed to MAndrake 10 and I get no messages whatsoever but the behavior is still there, every other time I reboot the mouse doesn;t work.

It's mildly annoying when the system is up and running because I don't reboot often, but since I'm in the process of testing my UPS and overheating safeties, I have to reboot all the time and this is getting annoying. As far as I knowthere is no probelm if I plug the mouse directly in the computer so it has something to do with the fact that I'm running a KVM.

Short of fixing the problem for good, how I can force the redetection of the mouse while I'm up and running?

we saw this before with the new generic mouse driver....

I cant remember if it was solved though!

the bottom line is the new driver in MDK10 tries to auto determine the mouse type dynamically and the KVM just supplies a dummy device.

I think if you could search the forum for +KVM +mouse ...