Clock won't stay set correctly

santner

This isn't critical, more of an annoyance but my clock in the lower right hand portion of my desktop(on the taskbar) is always set 15 minutes fast, even after I reset it. I am resetting it by the System Configuration(I think) menu option. I then enter my root password, select SYSTEM then select DATE AND TIME and reset the time, but to no avail. Any ideas? :P

Obviously your computer is correct and the rest of the world is wrong! :D

I always right click on the clock, select adjust time and date, enter the root password, change the time, aply, and close. I use kde, so your milage may differ. It should make no difference where you change time, but the use of Mandrake tools seems to be getting problematic!

did you try checking & setting the correct time via your bios? that's where the Mandrake time is read from, so if your bios clock is set wrong your Mandrake time will sync with that & also be wrong.

Chris

did you try checking & setting the correct time via your bios? that's where the Mandrake time is read from, so if your bios clock is set wrong your Mandrake time will sync with that & also be wrong.

Chris

Oooo...

Good point! I'll bet you are correct.