Problems Installing on 2nd hard drive

Guest arothian

Guest arothian

OK, i have win2k on a 20 GIG hd and am going to install MDK 9.0 on a 2nd 4 GIG hard drive. It ID's the Hard Drive in the linux install, and i choose the packages i want to install. Then it says that its installing the packages which it does for about 1 min then it gives 3 beeps and the screen goes blank, install stops. Does this every time. :evil: Any ideas?

THX

Guest arothian

Yes, i did download them from the web. No, i did not run the msnsums. I couldn't find a windows copy. Got any sites to sugest for download of the iso's again and windows msnsums?

I don't really have any sites to suggest. Corrupted downloads are really just the luck of the draw and usually has nothing to do with the site you are downloading from.

Also make sure that you download the md5sum txt file and place it in the same directory as the ISOs.

For the md5sums, go here and download the md5sum.exe program

http://downloads.activestate.com/contrib/m...dows/md5sum.exe

Place it in the same directory as the ISOs and open up the command prompt, or DOS-prompt, navigate to the directory where the ISOs are and type in this command

>md5sum.exe -c md5sums.90

or whatever the name of the file containing the md5sums is.

This will produce a line in the command window telling whether each ISO failed or is OK. If all are OK, burn them to CD and install.

Guest arothian

OK i figured md5 sum out and eliminated the CD problem. The problem still exists as stated originally. Tryed installing windows XP on the drive, and it failed. The HD is 5 years old so it could very well be done, unless anyone has a diffrent thought. If so let me know!