Where are the rest of the KDE screensavers (Mandrake 9.0)

Guest mbryner

Guest mbryner

Hi,

I just installed Mandrake 9.0 a few days ago, but can't find any of the screensavers except for 3 listed in the KDE control center. There used to be quite a few (i.e. Mdk 8.2)! All I want is to run a slide show out of a specified directory. Anyone know where they went? A search on my HD shows only 3 *.kss files in /usr/bin. Searches of Mandrake and KDE websites, various forums, google, etc. turns up nothing...

Thanks,

Marcus :roll:

Are you using stock mandrake 9.0 kde packages? I think mandrake culled down the kde screensaver list in order to keep the package size low. If you upgrade to mandrake kde 3.0.4 packages or higher.. the missing screensavers will be back. Of course, you can always download other kde compatible screensavers such as kparanoia or kfireworks3d. Just check http://www.kde-look.org

Guest mbryner

IT WORKS!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help. It seems Mandrake did cull down the kde screensaver list because when I installed kdeartworks-3.0.4 from kde.org instead of from mandrake.com it worked fine with the full complement of screensavers. Now to getting Java to work in Opera...

Marcus