nForce2 RPM Rebuild Errors

crock

Well, again, as far as I know there is no point in installing the official nForce-drivers because they don't support the 2.6 kernel.

As for the randomly lockups, I had the same probs, I followed this thread to solve this problem.

Also I read that you have to make sure that you have the latest bios-version.

Good Luck.

Crock,

You did read what NeoXP put !

the kernel-source might just be incompatible because the nforce drivers are for kernel 2.4

Look ay my modules, you see the forcedeth but NO nvnet or nvaudio which is the nforce stuff.

and it stopped locking up since kernel 2.6/MDK 10

Thanks, I've changed my bios to reflect those values. Nothing has locked on me yet, I'll keep you guys posted!

well if you are running 2.6.3-7 make sure you have kernel-source 2.6.3-7

[david@localhost david]$ rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-source-2.6.3-13mdk
kernel-i686-up-4GB-2.6.3.7mdk-1-1mdk
kernel-2.6.3.7mdk-1-1mdk
[david@localhost david]$ uname -r
2.6.3-7mdk-i686-up-4GB
[david@localhost david]$

i just check min and noticed that i do not have the proper kernel-source i am using kernel 2.6.3-7mdk-i686-up-4GB but i have kernel-source kernel-source-2.6.3-13mdk so when i go to urpmi and issue the the command "urpmi kernel-source" it is going to tell me everything already installed like so:

[root@localhost david]# urpmi kernel-source
Everything already installed
[root@localhost david]#

you have to specify the correct kernel-source

[root@localhost david]# urpmi kernel-source-2.6.3-7
The following packages have to be removed for others to be upgraded:
kernel-source-2.6.3-13mdk.i586 (in order to install kernel-source-2.6.3-7mdk.i586) (y/N) y

ftp://mirror.aca.oakland.edu/linux/mandrakelinux/official/10.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/kernel-source-2.6.3-7mdk.i586.rpm

then it will finish downloading and installing

# urpmi kernel-source-2.6.3-7
Everything already installed

Everything looks good. I too am using 2.6.3-7

Also, after changing those BIOS values, the NoApic setting caused Windows to not boot successfully. It hung right after the bootloader selection. What does the Apic function do?

Also, after changing those BIOS values, the NoApic setting caused Windows to not boot successfully. It hung right after the bootloader selection. What does the Apic function do?

Good question! Everytime I change between XP and ML I go into the bios, to change the Apic option, if I leave Apic disabled XP won't boot.

Also on my previous install I had kernel-2.6.6-3mdk installed, but I can't find it back on the sources (kernel 2.6.6 actually solve the problem with the randomly lockups, with Apic enabled in my bios).

I tried kernel-2.6.7-rc1, but for some funny reason it just won't boot, so if someone can give me a link to kernel-2.6.6-3 (incl. kernel-source), I would be very thankfull.

Seems to be fine with Apic disabled, but like you said, I've gotta make a trip to the bios to boot XP. I did a little research on the Apic deal, and noticed that Apic is an NT-based setting. So if I didn't have XP (or another NT based OS) that this setting probably wouldn't matter. Oh well, a trip to the bios every now and again is worth Mandrake functioning. :D