Update Sources

SoulSe

I cannot add update sources and it is driving me crazy!!!

If I add them via MDK control Panel -> Software Sources Manager, it just closes when I click on Add.

If I add them with the urpmi.addmedia command, it adds them, but cannot update or use them and if I add them straight to the urpmi.cfg file then I cannot add or update them.

I have even tried un-installing and re-installing urpmi. It adds my downloaded rpms without a problem, but I cannot get any security update sources!!!

Is it just security sources that don't work ? Say for instance you do:

urpmi.addmedia cooker ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz/Mandrake-devel/c.../Mandrake/RPMS/ with ./synthesis.hdlist.cz

OR:

urpmi.addmedia contrib ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz/Mandrake/9.0/contrib/RPMS/ with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

Does that work ??

BTW there is a urpmi and drakconf update on cooker. ( they work )

When I use those commands, it says it worked, but if I then go to Software Sources Manager, the sources I have just added are not listed?

I can't install updates until this is working, so an update on urpmi is impossible in a chkicked-and-egg like fashion.

yes, I ran updatedb and when I run urpmi.update it says "the entry to update is missing" and doesn't list any of the sources I have added! Just my CDs and my local rpms directory.

It sometimes also bitches about the synthesis file for my downloaded rpms.

So if you do urpmi drakconf nothings happends ? Well you can go to the cooker site i listed and manually d-load the urpmi and drakconf rpms.

Install them and see if that makes any difference.