Help I messed up my Media Manager

Pain999

I was playing with the Easy Urpmi and I think by issuing "urpmi.removemedia -a" I messed up the ability to install software off the CD's with the GUI Media Manager in 10.0 Official

I can no longer enable any of the installation CD's. I read the help sectiion provided with Mandrake, but it does not seem to work like they say it should. It looks like it should be as simple as checking the boxes off for the CD's I want to enable, but that does not work. It won't let me update the sources from the CD's either. The keys look fine too. Been playing with it quite a bit and I am totally stumped how to enable them again. :help:

You can always delete them and then add them again. B) Just use the gui, delete them, and putting each cd in the drive, add the source back.

• 2 months later...
Guest scottietohottie

Hi

Im really new to all this and feel like i know absolutly nothing so if i miis out vital information i am sorry!

I have experienced similar problems except that i was a bit ahead of my self and accidentally removed CD3. I had problems adding it back in (later realised that I had the wrong path entered) then when i try to install anything from it I get an error message saying that the media is not working try to update it. I try this and get an error message saying that it was unable to. Really confused about all of this and i don't now enough about linux to begin to understand how to work around it.

Any help would really be usefull.

cheers

scott

That's an error you usually get from ftp sources you've added that is temporaily down. Have you installed any ftp sources? Probably when you install something from CD3 and it grabs the dependency of the ftp sources, that's when you are getting that error. Usually it will solve itself, or delete the source and add a different one. All this you can do using the gui if you are not comfortable with the console. Or if you want to try the console, use the Easy urpmi formatt to add a different ftp mirror.