mandrake kernels/patches

Guest augustwest

Guest augustwest

where can i get mandrake kernels, or the mdk patches to make my own. im looking for newer stuff. does the cooker project do kernel work. ive used other kernels like 2.4.20-rc2-ac3 and stuff like that, but i cant ever get anything to work as good as the mandrake kernel that came with mandrake 9.0. i think im using 2.4.19-16mdk, except i took out apm and added acpi. the problem with that is that it isnt the newest acpi patch. oh, and the problem with other non-mandrake kernels, well, can you say SUPERMOUNT, lol.

the main thing i need is new acpi and possibly amd powernow! but that isnt as important as the new acpi stuff. if i can get the mdk patches or something i should be able to put something together.

any ideas?

The cooker project takes the kernel from kernel.org and applies patches to make it work better for the mdk distro. Sugest you d-load a kernel from the cooker sites and try re building it.

RE your signature, send a PM to Paul, or Cannonfodder.

Guest augustwest

rpm is fine, i was just wondering where the rpm is going to put the kernel and what not. ive never used a kernel in an rpm before, just thought it was odd :mrgreen:

Just install the kernel-source RPM.

Then recompile it yourself.

I do NOT trust kernel RPMs, aside from the source RPMs (and the Mandrake default, of course).

Guest augustwest

just wanted to say thanks to all those who work on the cooker project especially the kernel :mrgreen: i used to use 2.4.20-latestrc-latestac to get only half the features that are in the newest mdk kernel. anyway.......

thanks, im configuring right now and its actually a joy :!: