Palm T|W and MDK 10.0

I just bought an Palm Tungsten W. Having some problems getting Mandrake 10.0 /Kpilot to discover it. Any tips or links to howto's ?

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

make sure that the USB modules are loaded and also that your kernel supports the visor functionality - either as a module or built in. If as a module, then load it.

You'll then want to create a symlink (probably something like /dev/pilot) to whatever get's created in dev when you plug your device in

You'll then want to create a symlink (probably something like /dev/pilot) to whatever get's created in dev when you plug your device in

How do I do that?

I know the USB-port works, I use the same port for my USB-stick.

I'll take a look at Jpilot, but I shold get the /dev/pilot to work first, right !?

Normally, for me, /dev/usb is empty. When I hit the sync button on my palm though /dev/usb/tts/0 and /dev/usb/tts/1 appear

One of these will be what you need to link to - you'll have to experiment. For me it's /dev/usb/tts/1

Just in case you need it the command to create the link would be:

ln -s /dev/usb/tts/1 /dev/pilot

Disclaimer - this is running on a Gentoo system for me - but it should be the same or similar for mandrake. At the very leaast it should give you enough to figure out what you need...