Default browser

Nazgulled

Is there such thing in mandrake?

I've installed firefox and if there is some way to make it the default browser for pages and not the kde browser (can't spell it lol and i'm on windows now so I can't check the name...)

a friend sent me a link on msn and I wanted it to open on firefox but it wasn't like that....

so, if it's possible, how can I set firefox to be the default browser?

In KDE, go to the Configuration menu, navigate to KDE - Components - File associations.

Under known types, open up the Text tab and select Html. If Firefox is shown in the application preference order, click and move it to the top. If not, click on Add and select Networking then WWW - hopefully Firefox will be listed - select then move it to the top of the list.

KDE doesn't have a setting for "Default Browser" somewhere? wow...gnome does :jester:

anywho, nazgulled: yes, it should use it for any webpage (i don't know of seperate associations for .php and .asp, but there may be)

of course, you could always ask someone to send you a link with one of those in it and then test it out...right? if it doesn't work, just look in the same place for PHP and ASP as you did for HTML