Anyone using Pygmy mail client for Gnome?

Guest johnKFT

Guest johnKFT

I have just installed this very small and elegant program and like it a lot. I have a few problems however and there is no way to contact anyone at Pygmy for advice, so here goes please:

1 It should use GtkHTML but does not seem to as the html messages are shown as source and links are not clickable.

2 I cannot find where the mime information is being drawn from. Text editor and external html display seem to come from Gnome Control Centre Default Applications, but pictures and word files I cannot trace. I have inspected every Gnome mime file, every mailcap file I can find etc etc to no avail. Every file I can find sets word files to open in Abiword and pictures in ImageMagick, but I am told there is no application set for word files and Electric Eyes opens the images.

Can anyone help?

John.

Guest johnKFT

I used the rpm first then changed to a tarball in the hopes it would solve the problems - it did not. So what am I trying to find out with your instructions and how do I do it with a tarball installed?

Cannot find any gconf-editor. ~/.gconf does not give any clues. I got gtkhtml working with Pronto mail client but had to install all manner of extra gtkhtml bits like Perl and so on, if that might be a clue.

John

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ which gconf-editor

/usr/bin/gconf-editor

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ urpmf gconf-editor

gconf-editor:/usr/bin/gconf-editor

gconf-editor:/usr/lib/menu/gconf-editor

gconf-editor:/usr/share/applications/gconf-editor.desktop

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ rpm -ql gconf-editor

/usr/bin/gconf-editor

/usr/lib/menu/gconf-editor

/usr/share/applications/gconf-editor.desktop

/usr/share/doc/gconf-editor-0.3

/usr/share/doc/gconf-editor-0.3/AUTHORS

/usr/share/doc/gconf-editor-0.3/ChangeLog

/usr/share/doc/gconf-editor-0.3/README

[bvc9@localhost bvc9]$ rpm -q gconf-editor

gconf-editor-0.3-1mdk

Install it; (as root)

urpmi gconf-editor

Guest johnKFT

Could not get it installed I'm afraid. It is a Mandrake 9 rpm and demanded such a long list of dependencies and conflicts that I cancelled - I've travelled that road before!

I managed to find that Pygmy obviously reads the Gnome Control Centre, as the default apps for text and web browsing are picked up for plain text and html attachments, but it does not seem to get the others from the Gnome CC filetype associations. Why would that be? And can anyone help me with the gtkhtml problem? This is a really nice simple email client and I would very much like to get it working properly.

John