URPMI 10 CE and upgrading to 10 OE

Guest gmontag

Guest gmontag

I am a little lost. I have been using urpmi successfully for a couple of months with Mandrake 10 CE. Now however my install is broke. The mirrors changed their format and the easyurpmi site is not setting everything up. When I try and update choosing the secsup.org site What I had setup was mdkce1-3 for sources from a site. update, config, main, and PLF. Now I only seem to be finding locations for config, main, and PLF. When I try and update it says I have everthing. My rpm database seems confused now. When I try installing some applications it list dependancy problems. Is there a good way to reset your URPMI or should I look forward to reinstalling to 10 OE to fix my rpm h@#@

10ce was a fuctional cooker. 10 oe is a completed official edition. When 10ce was new, cooker was actually the update source. As soon as 10ce was debuged, Mandrake closed and reopened cooker, which is now experimental. If you use cooker now, you will get numerous dependencies because they are working and experimenting again. In short, there are no longer updates for ce because it has outlived its update life. When they freeze cooker again, it will be 10.1ce, ready for mass debugging. Get 10oe, or install all the depence and have fun rebuilding!! :jester: