Missing fonts in OpenOffice

ral

I seem to have lost Nimbus Roman No. 9 (and maybe a few others too) in OpenOffice. Anyway I can restore the OpenOffice fonts, or do I need to reinstall ML10? Only thing I did lately was to try to install the proprietary ATI drivers. Could that have messed things up?

i seriously doubt that the installation of ATI drivers would screw up your fonts. stranger things have happened, mind you, but i don't think that's the case here.

what else preceded this? i mean, did you just upgrade the distro? upgrade OOo? install any other type of Office suite app that may have affected fonts? if any of those scenerios apply, did you install Windows TT fonts? from what i can tell, Nimbus Roman is a Windows TT font. (i just checked my Windows fonts) that being the case, have you tried reinstalling Windows fonts? that may solve the problem. (just guessing) if you need to do that & don't have a Windows partition, you can still do it as long as you have access to a Windows OS & a CD burner. for Win98, go to c:\windows\fonts. for WinNT go to c:\winnt\fonts. not sure about WinXP, but it would be in the main Windows directory. burn the fonts folder to CD, then use Mandrake Control Center->DrakFont->Advanced Options->Add & point the dialogue box to the CDROM that contains the Windows fonts. install them as you normally would from a Windows partition. (note: you'll have to mount the CD before doing this)

Chris

Welll, my ML10 install was just 2 days old so I backed-up and reinstalled. Lookign at the available fonts now a lost a bunch of them, even the font used by the OO GUI. I did not upgrade anything before the loss of the fonts.

i'd try installing/reinstalling the Windows fonts. my guess is you lost them somewhere along the line during the reinstall. even if you backed up /home during reinstall, that wouldn't matter because fonts aren't stored there. they are in /usr/share/fonts, which would have been overwritten during upgrade/install. give it a whirl. you got nothing to lose...........

Chris