Soundblaster Live! 5.1 ALSA Mixer? Kmix?

furfurdemon666

Hello. :)

Back when I used Windows98SE and Creative's drivers for my Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card, there was a speaker configuration tool which allowed you to setup your various speakers according to amount, location, etc. I have a set of 2 speakers with a subwoofer which is plugged into the SBLive! and another set of 2 speakers also plugged in. While they all work, Kmix doesn't seem to have anything to really configure the speakers (Neither did Windows' "volume control", heh.) so what's the ALSA Mixer? Is that like Kmix but for ALSA? Help? What program would I need to configure my speakers as far as their location/surround sound or whatever. Thanks for reading.

The 3d slider should do the delay, then one of the sliders for surround should take care of the rear channel volume.

Since I'm happy with that I never looked further, but I know there is a creative sblive mixer for linux too....

The 3d slider should do the delay, then one of the sliders for surround should take care of the rear channel volume.

Since I'm happy with that I never looked further, but I know there is a creative sblive mixer for linux too....

Thanks for the reply. Both the Kmix and ALSA mixer are working well with my speakers so I guess that's that for now. :) There's a Creative sblive mixer for Linux? Do you know where by any chance? I went to Creative's website but they didn't have any downloads available for Linux.