Configuring Postfix/SMTP in Mandrake 9.2

steward75

:wall: Need some help guys.

I run a Postfix/SMTP server on a host name under a domain name (linux.blah.org). I do not own or run blah.org. Just linux. For some odd reason, Mandrake feels compelled to send out emails to BLAH.ORG about restarts of my webserver or Webalyzer stuff. Well because my mail server runs from linux.blah.org and not blah.org and doesn't answer to blah.org, the owner of Blah.org is not happy whenever he gets mail from my server and is asking me to fix this immediately. Unfortuantely I have NO CLUE as to which setting I would have to change. Can Anybody please help me? Thanks.

Welcome to the board.

Weird problem eh?

Well you obviously have a status monitor set up to e-mail you of errors or various server re-starts.

Are you running Webmin? if so, click on the "other" link at the top, and select "system and server status" and then "Schedule monitoring" Look at the e-mail address the monitor sends reports to.

Alright. Wow! Thanks for the quick response. Everything looks like it's on the default settings.

Scheduled checking enabled? Yes

No Send one email per service?No

Check every minuteshoursdaysmonths with offset

Run monitor during hours 00:0001:0002:0003:0004:0005:00 06:0007:0008:0009:0010:0011:00 12:0013:0014:0015:0016:0017:00 18:0019:0020:0021:0022:0023:00

Run monitor on days SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday

Send email when When a service goes down

Email status report to Nobody

Send mail via Local sendmail executable

Page status report to number Nobody

Okay those are my settings. Any clue? Thanks.

Your problem is that postfix takes the parameter mydestination = $mydomain. Since you are using linux.foo.org as myhostname then mydomain is foo.org. Well, let fix this.

Edit main.cf and at insert/modify the line, to:

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost

That's all folks!