Aaarghh!!! Where did my /etc/fstab go ?

Scott Thornley

Well, my 9.2 + KDE 3.2 system that had been acting a bit funky, just got a lot funkier. It's a laptop, and the last time I tried to reboot it, it kept complaining about a corrupt filesystem. Knoppix said the filesystem was just fine, thanks. I Finally figured out that there was no /etc/fstab.

So, two things.

1) I know that Mandrake is modifying /etc/fstab at boot time. Perhaps even as the system is running? What evil bit of software killed my /etc/fstab? harddrake? Something else?

2) Anyone feel like copying their /etc/fstab here? I managed to put one together that was good enough to get me up and running, but I'd really like to see a version that was generated by Mandrake.

Regards,

Scott

I can't help with your problem, but here's my /etc/fstab...

/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/hdb,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,sync,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/cd	/mnt/cdrom	auto	ro,noauto,user,exec	0 0
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd	/mnt/cdrecorder	auto	ro,noauto,user,exec	0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto user,iocharset=iso8859-15,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0