Hey cybrjackle.................

Guess what I have with a completely updated system? WEEEEEE

Linux laptop 2.4.26 #6 Wed Apr 14 16:31:11 PDT 2004 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

After doing alot of reading I kind of pieced this all together.

Update swaret with the "current" in the conf. file

Then upgrade, even the kernel, so "comment" out the "Exclude" for the kernel and let it update.

So run "swaret --upgrade"

Let it do its thing.

When asked for "y" or "n" on packages I said "y" to all EXCEPT anything to do with alsa. I DID NOT upgrade alsa at all.

When it was done with its upgrading I ran "updatedb" and then "/sbin/lilo" for the kernel upgrade. Just to be sure. I have read where swaret or the upgrade process will do this automatically, but I ran it just to be sure.

Now I didn't have sound on the reboot so what I did, after reading alot is I went to http://www.alsa-project.org/ and got the latest drivers, lib and utils and downloaded them into a dir I made called "alsa"

From there I went to this page http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-p...module=intel8x0

and followed it step by step.

Now I have "intel8x0 sound and it worked for me. Now I'd imagine if anyone else is having this trouble would pick out thier card in the database there and followed the install instructions they would have just as good as luck as me.

I do want to thank you alot for your help, and others in #musb also.

FX