Transparent IRC console?

fearby

No, but you can use irssi in a console... which means transparency, borders, colors can all be customised (depending on the terminal you use).

If I new how, I would make a irc client for gdesklets that moulded into the background...

If you have Eterm installed, what SoulSe said is pretty easy. There are other consoles that you can choose from and get the same effect, but I'll explain Eterm, since it's what I use.

First, make sure you have Eterm and irssi installed (urpmi eterm irssi)

The Eterm line to make it transparent is like this: Eterm -x -0 --scrollbar=off --buttonbar 0 --trans You can make a shortcut to this in any WM/DE.

Then type irssi to start irssi.

If you have a dark background, you can download my irssi theme for a completely transparent look. Please note that there is code in it to force all the text to be white, so it will not work on a white background.

Download that theme to ~/.irssi/

Once you start irssi, you can type /set theme sux2.theme to change to my theme (or any that you download/create)

To join a server, type /server servername (ex: /server irc.freenode.net)

Then /join chanel to join a channel (ex: /join #musb :D )

You can learn many more commands and much more on customizing your irssi at the irssi Startup HowTo

One important note...make sure you issue the /save command whenever you change something (like the theme) so it will be the default the next time you load irssi.