What is MDK 10-CE ???

Guest anon

Not that I want to pick on you in particular anon, but I get a little bit bored of people here on the board always turning anything that MDKsoft does into something negative. Try to look at it from the positive side.

If the MDK management get something right, i will be the first to congratulate them.

I own shares in MDK, I also buy their OS on CDs. And I also pay for the running costs of hosting this board. So as the above might sugest, I am a fan of their operating system.

But if the Management screw up..... and they have, I feel i have every right to say so.

They have a great product and always have done, but their business aptitude is appalling. They shift from one idea to another as the wind blows, and have done so for years. This latest fiasco is just another one to add to the list.

I pity those who were tricked into buying 10-CE thinking they could then upgrade to 10-final in a couple of months. Now we hear you should not mix the two, so those poor people will have to fork out more money for 10-final just a couple of months later.

Its bad management, poor planning, and no way to treat your existing customers.

But not to worry, in a couple of hours they will come up with a new plan :angry:

Off Topic.

RE: Monty python.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy" :lol2:

Not that I want to pick on you in particular anon, but I get a little bit bored of people here on the board always turning anything that MDKsoft does into something negative. Try to look at it from the positive side.

If the MDK management get something right, i will be the first to congratulate them.

I own shares in MDK, I also buy their OS on CDs. And I also pay for the running costs of hosting this board. So as the above might sugest, I am a fan of their operating system.

But if the Management screw up..... and they have, I feel i have every right to say so.

They have a great product and always have done, but their business aptitude is appalling. They shift from one idea to another as the wind blows, and have done so for years. This latest fiasco is just another one to add to the list.

I pity those who were tricked into buying 10-CE thinking they could then upgrade to 10-final in a couple of months. Now we hear you should not mix the two, so those poor people will have to fork out more money for 10-final just a couple of months later.

Its bad management, poor planning, and no way to treat your existing customers.

But not to worry, in a couple of hours they will come up with a new plan :angry:

Off Topic.

RE: Monty python.

"He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy" :lol2:

I agree 100% anon.

Except.....

Its even worse than that becuase they are SO CLOSE!

The IDEA of a FINAL/STABLE is a great idea. I think they really needed it.....

Its just the danged way they go about it that they screw it up.

Its like building a really great car and then changing just one small but ewally vital part of it (like taking out the ignition) ... its there, it looks really cool and you know its got a kickass engine underneath. You know it'll hjangdle like a dream etc. BUT you cant start the darn thing....

AHHHHH

Guest Adriano

Hmmm.... You can upgrade from 10 CE to 10 OE (can't you? at least, when the mirrors go public?). You'd have a stable snapshot.

You cannot upgrade OE with CE packages. Which is good. They're saying "you can't put cooker-like packages in your stable tree and pretend to have a valid warranty". I understand cooker and CE aren't just the same thing, but we were always told that the stability of CE would be inferior to OE.