Clear the swap partition

jdion81

I have been messing with acpi and klaptop. I have gotten acpi to work. I told the computer to hibernate. It did, but now when I start the computer it starts to resume from the hibernation data but then reboots itself. It will stay in this reboot cycle until the computer is powered off. :wall: How can I remove the hibernation data (assumingly) in the swap partition?

You can always boot off of CD1, do an install of Mandrake (just a few steps in), when you get to the partitioning screen, select custom partitioning. This will open diskdrake, locate your swap partition (in green) and format it. Then just hit the power button to abort the installation (you don't really want to do that). GIve it a shot..

orrrrrrrrr the easy way

hit escape at lilo and type 'linux noresume' or 'linux noresume2'

I am not sure which one does the trick. Add any other options that you normally use as well such as acpi=off, though it wil boot fine without. That will bypass the hibernate. To clean the swap (if that doesnt do it)

mkswap /dev/hdXX

swapon /dev/hdXX

Have fun!

iphitus