No Shutdown option

IGNUTHAT

Hello

Complete newbie here. I just install 9.1 Powerpack edition with high security.

I do not have an option to shut down running KDE and have one with Gnome but need

to be root to shutdown. I am suspecting that I lost easy shutdown when I choose the secure settings for install.

How do regain the Shutdown option in KDE and enable a user shutdown in Gnome. I have searched on the topic but

found nothing even close.

Regards,

David

I use KDE, but i get the same thing the first time I try to log out there is no option to shut down. After I log out and it auto logs back in, I now have the option to shut down. Something does not seem right here, unless that is the way it is supposed to work? :screwy:

In a console, I type "poweroff" if I want to shut down or "reboot" if I want to switch os's. I have no problems. It doesn't answer the menu question, but it is an alternative to loggin out and then shuting down.

You can try going into Mandrake Control Center under security and choose standard for your security level. If that doesn't work, then from KDE, go into the k cotrol panel, components, then sesion manager and set your log out preferences there.