ShadowFoxLSU

The first bug deals with both the demo and retail game

If you install the game and try run "ut2004" and get the error:

./ut2004demo

Could not load OpenGL library

History:

Exiting due to error

The fix is simple:

Create a symbolic link to your Opel GL libraries in /usr/games/ut2004/System. To do this:

$su

password: "root password here"

#cd /usr/games/ut2004/System

#ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1

#ln -s /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1

#exit

$ut2004

That should correct the error.

If you find another common bug feel free to add to it to this topic.

I was just about to write an install FAQ when yours popped up! I guess I will just add to it:

My points relate to the British version of the game, bought in South Africa. It might differ from the American or other version.

The game installs beautifully and the above mentioned problem is not overly common, luckily. The Linux installer is on the first of the Six cds or on the DVD (depending on which version you bought). Run it by using the sh tool.

The problem I encountered was that when it prompts for the second disc, you can't unmount the first (I don't use supermount anymore - if you do, you might not have this problem). The solution was to use

umount -l /mnt/cdrom

Now to problem number two: while the installer was running, any other disc I mounted would not read... strange. My solution (after about two hours of hacking away at kernels, etc.) was to slap in a second cdrom drive and run the installer from the one drive while I inserted the discs into the other (obviously DVD version users will not have this problem).

Finally, with my AOpen piece-of-shit Geforce 4 MX440 - a mangled block appears in the lower right hand corner of the screen, but only if I play it in 800x600 - so changing resolutions got rid of that, although the higher resolutions cut away parts of my screen - some editing to XF86config will sort that out.

All in all, this is one of the best ports I have ever seen. The installer is great and the game runs very well. I recommend buying the DVD version (if you have a DVD-Rom. ;)

Edited by SoulSe