How to burn a symlink to a CD?

coverup

I would like to make a copy of a CD using K3B. One of the folders on the CD is symlinked to another folder on that CD. If I drag and drop that link to the project, all the files move with it. As a result, I get two copies of the same folder rather than the folder and the link to it, and the project exceeds 700Mb.

How can I create a folder on a CD and then link it to another folder on the CD? Since I have such CD on my desk, that should be possible to do...

I know, I could have burn a disk copy.... Apparently, the original CD is scratched, K3B can't read a couple of files in the very end. I have to manually copy all the files to a new CD...

But can't you copy all of the files that can be read into a dir on your machine, then use mkisofs on that dir?

Thanks, Qchem. That's sounds like an advise I was looking for. (I love this forum:-)). Could you please give/point to some instructions. I looked at man mkisofs, but got lost in the third line...

I've done some googling, and found a remedy... I created an ISO image of the CDROM using the command

$mkisofs -J -r file.iso /mnt/cdrom

Then became root and mounted it to test it:

# mkdir testdir
# mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 file.iso /full_path_to_testdir/testdir/
# cd /full_path_to_testdir/testdir/
# ls
# umount /full_path_to_testdir/testdir/

The files which previously produced an error were there. I suppose I could delete them, but I chose to keep them. Finally, I fired up k3b, Tools-> Write ISO image, selected file.iso and a few minutes after, I had a copy of the CD. Those two damaged files from the original CD were still producing an error, but the rest were OK...