eroaster won't recognize my DVD-ROM

Guest SDMF

I'm trying to use eroaster to copy CDs. However, when I go in Preferences to have it detect the DVD-ROM drive, it just brings up the info for my CD-RW. It doesn't seem to want to use a non-SCSI source. Is there a way around this?

The DVD-ROM is a Toshiba SD-1502, and works perfectly under all other apps that I have used it for.

Unfortunately, no.. the only way for any cdwriter software that uses cdrecord to detect a cd device (as a writer or just a reader) is to setup the scsi emulation. But why don't you do it? I use scsi emulation in my dvdrom and there is no bad side effects coming out of that. All I have to do is edit my /etc/lilo.conf and change a few lines to be like this.

append="noquiet devfs=mount mem=nopentium hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"

in which hdd is my dvdrom and hdc is my cdrw.

Then run /sbin/lilo -v and reboot, and voila.. cdburner software can detect my dvdrom

(you may need to edit your /etc/fstab file also to reflect the changes you make in the filesystem. You need to change the line that says /dev/hdd to /dev/scd1)

the only way for any cdwriter software that uses cdrecord to detect a cd device (as a writer or just a reader) is to setup the scsi emulation. But why don't you do it?

Probably because I didn't know such a thing could be done, and therefore did not know how to do it. I'll try editing lilo and see if that works.