postfix and amavis-ng

Guest emetib

Guest emetib

ok, this is really starting to make me pull my hair out.

ok, i'm trying to get amavis going with postfix and clamav.

the problem,

Mar 22 20:40:17 prometheus.cerberus.cc amavis[863]: /usr/sbin/posfix not executable

Mar 22 20:40:17 prometheus.cerberus.cc amavis[863]: AMAVIS: Couldn't init AMAVIS::MTA::Postfix

AMAVIS: Couldn't init AMAVIS::MTA::Postfix at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/AMAVIS.pm line 175.

i installed the amavis-ng off of the urpmi mirrors for 9.1. i've had postfix running for sometime now, same with clam. the reason that i'm trying to get this going is because someone thought i was a ms user and relayed a virus to me. (glad they were stupid enough not think it was my server.)

ok, i've looked at the docs for amavis that have come with the package, and have looked at these also-

http://mail.x-si.org/articles/av.html

http://www.kobitosan.net/postfix/postfix-a...weep-howto.html

-yet to no avail yet.

no matter what i'm doing i can't get it to init and run. i've looked at the /usr/sbin/postfix and it's 755, yet it keeps coming back saying that it's not x.

i am at a loss, i've restart postfix to many times to count, and have even done a hard reboot to see if that would help. nothing.

anyone?

edit: sorry mods. i kept getting a " email error" couldn't send email. i don't have the slightest idea what that was. also you don't have a delete key in the edit or i would have gotten rid of the others. sorry.

Edited by emetib