LINUX MANDRAKE SITE????

leebrendalee

Does anyone know a "link" where I can go and get information on installing Linux 9.2. I mean basic----no nothing about linux site????? I saw it at a customers house and he raved about it....I've got to have and use it...but I need to find something to read..the posts in here are just to vague and assuming...Everyone talks about MDK or whatever and I have no idea what that even means....I just need a site to go to where the answers are more straight forward.....I've spend the last 3 hours or so in here and can't even get to first base..it's so darn frustrating..

THANKS...

mdk=Mandrake

If by linux 9.2, you mean Mandrake 9.2, there are tons of good informational posts that are here that go into specific details. Why not write down a list of questions and then post the list? I'll bet you get better more detailed answers here, even better than at a Mandrake site! Also, if someone answers with a cryptic set of letters that you don't understand, just say so!

There are no dumb questions, and there are no people here that are so expert that they don't have time to speak with us low-lifes. B)

Yeah, I agree. Please stick around a start a thread that lists all of your questions. If you are truely a Linux and/or Mandrake know-nothing, than it would be real interesting to see what questions you do have. In addition, it might allow us to create a list of questions for other people who are in your situation that find their way to this board. Plus, most of the people here enjoy answering questions, that is why some of us are here.

So, stick around, ask a question, and hopefully we can help you learn something. And welcome to Linux and Mandrake in particular.

LOL, ok thanks fuzzylizard and Ixthusdan...I will take your advice (s) (such a thing?) and just ask these silly questions. They seem silly to me because it's all so GREEK. What I should really do is just start my setup over. OK, here are some questions. Sorry if they seem tooo basic:

first right now on this laptop I've partitioned 50% of the drive for winxp...

What I've done on the other half is beyond me. I have something on it..I'm assuming it's 9.2????? no clue..no clue how I got a dual boot either but it's there..(amazing)...and I"m serious..no clue how it got there..I just hit enter a bunch of times and pretended I knew what I was doing..LOL

so from here:

What do I do now? How do I get to some of the basic things like logging in?? I would dearly love to see Linux...if I could get to it...is there anyway to start over without ruining my xp??? it's not a problem if I have to erase that also? Somehow I must have messed up the installation because it doesn't recognize my video or something...or my login name? Whatever it is??? You see I can't ask the questions properly beause I dont' get it..

sorry

I learn real quick BY SCREWING UP..(I'm serious)

OK, I'll lock this and look at lap-tops. Since there are no answers here, there's no posts to move!