openoffice

mikejr

MOD NOTE: Moved to Software by LiquidZoo

Hi guys, just installed Mandrake 10 after playing with Move for a few weeks. I burned CD1, thinking it would have everything I needed to install Mandrake. I was right, unfortunately I needed disk 2 to install openoffice...

I specified installing open office in the beginning, now I'm stuck with it in the menu, but not available...

When I put in disk two and navigate to the Mandrake/ folder, and double click on of the open office rpms, it asks me to insert disk 1 - I do and it simply asks again.

I am a total noob when it comes to linux, any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Edited by LiquidZoo

Welcome to Mandrake!

I moved this post, since it really deals with installing software, rather than the system itself.

What you will need to do is create a cd 2 urpmi source. This is pretty easy to do.

First, open your Menu and go to (I think this is right, doing it from memory) System -> Packaging -> Software Sources Manager

What you will need is the "relative path to hdlist.cz" on your cd 1 entry. Just click on the cd 1 entry and click edit to get this. Write it down, you will need it.

Now, open up a terminal (Terminals from the system menu).

Once this has opened, type su <enter> then enter your root password and hit enter again.

From there, type the following:

urpmi.addmedia cd2 removable:///mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS with <enter your path to hdlist that you wrote down above, substitute hdlist2.cz for hdlist.cz>

And hit enter. I think the hdlist path is something like ../base/hdlist2.cz, but I could be wrong. You can find the hdlist on your cd if you need to search for it.

After that has added, type urpmi OpenOffice and hit enter. It should install just fine from there.

Thanks for the reply!

Here's what I did before I saw this post:

booted from the install cd and chose upgrade, everything went fine, now the rpm database includes openoffice, however when I go to install it it asks for disk 3.... Which I haven't burned yet :) So I'll bun it this evening and see what happens then.