Splash Screen?

Ghil Vertefeuille

yes to both of your questions.........

to change Mandrake bootsplash screens, see the following Tips N' Tricks link in the forum. look for my post. it's currently the last one in that thread. i just did it over this past weekend using the method i posted & it worked just fine.

to change KDE bootsplash, open KCC (Kontrol Center)->system->boot. log into that as adminstrator, then check the tabs for the appropriate panel to change the KDE boot items. (i forget which tab it is right now, i'm at work) read the help files associated with that section if you get confused. it's not hard at all.......

EDIT now that i thought about it a bit more, it might be KCC->system->login manager where you change KDE bootsplash things. it's one of those 2, at least .... :)

Chris

Edited by chris z

ok another problem as shown up :S

when I try to install bootsplash, it says everything already installed. so I check the directory, everything is there. I CHMOD them, get to the themes directory and when I try to ./switch-themes tuxonblue, it says no such directory :S

[root themes]# ./switch-themes tuxonblue

bash: ./switch-themes: No such file or directory

what do I do?

Edited by Ghil Vertefeuille

3 things............

1. you're in the wrong directory to run the script. you must be in........

/usr/share/bootsplash/scripts

not.......

/usr/share/bootsplash/themes

2. that might be all it takes, unless you're not paying attention to CaP SensiTiVe spelling. make sure you spell the theme exactly as it is named.

3. i don't have a bootsplash theme named tuxonblue. that's not to imply you don't. but...... you can only use bootsplash themes located in the /bootsplash/themes directory. if by any chance you're trying to use a regular desktop theme package, that won't work.

PS: i just checked. the correct location to change KDE bootsplash screens is KCC->system->login manager, first tab.

Chris