Error Messages when starting up after swapping out HDs

Guest JaseP

I'm getting some error messages related to failure to mount swap files, failure to mount additional file systems, and failure or ssh after swapping out some secondary hard drives that I no longer want on the system (I was using them to transfer files).

I was wondering where I should look to edit my configuration files to make them not check for these filesystems that are now out of the system...

Can anyone offer guidance???

Well, obviously your swap space was on a disc you removed and Linux won't be able to do too much without swap space. The mounting of additional file systems shouldn't prevent you from starting up.

So boot off your Mandrake cds and reconfigure your disc partitions.

Actually, my swap space is on the disk I boot from. What happened is that the disk I was pulling my old /home partition from also had a swap partition. I think that the error messages are being generated because the additional swap partition isn't there. When I run DiskDrake, it shows that the swap partition on this drive is mounted...

I'm still booting up fine, it's just that the bootstrapping process is still reporting errors about this missing hard drive [hdb], which isn't there. It's getting the information that there is a missing set of partitions on this hdb from somewhere,... I was just wondering where and how to edit the file.