Konqueror issue

energymedia

Hey all,

Started up my laptop this morning and started using Konqueror. Found that the Main tool bar (File, Edit, View, etc) has disappeared. Everything else is there but not that. I do actually need to use this.

Any ideas how to get it back? I have already right clicked on the tool bars and told it to show them, but the one I need is not an option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

try going to KCC->web browsing or look and feel, then look for a "view" or a "toolbar" option. not using Linux at the moment, but i think it's in there somewhere. after you find & change it, make sure you save the settings as "web browser" or "file manager", which ever (or if both) apply in your case.

Chris

oooops........sorry for the shorthand.........KCC=KDE Control Center (in mdk9.1) AKA Konfigure Your Desktop (in mdk9.2). you can access it via a shortcut in kicker (the K in the lower left of your desktop toolbar)->configuration.

Chris

ok.......here's 2 other things you can try. remember, i'm going from memory, so i may not be exactly correct, procedure wise........

easy (hopefully) method.......

open Konqueror, right click on the body of the web page you have open if you're in browser mode, or right click on the main file directory body if you're in file manager mode. if i'm remembering correctly, you should get a right click option called "show main menu". click that, & your tool bar should return. now, before closing Konqueror, click on "settings" in the tool bar & choose "configure view profiles" & save your current view profile to what applies (web browser, file manager, etc.).

a bit more drastic method........

go to this FAQ Page . read it through & follow the instructions there. it describes how you can restore KDE's default settings by deleting the hidden ./kde directory in your /home & having KDE rebuild it.

hopefully my first option will work. if not, it isn't that tragic to follow the above FAQ. if you have to go that route, just make sure you back up the current ./kde directory so you can replace certain user config files you might want into the new one that will be created.

Chris

Edited by chris z

Thanks Chris z :headbang: You are a genius. Right clicking gave me the option I needed.

I have to say, thank God I changed to linux from Windoze. Technical assistance from forums like this are amazing. Technical assistance from M$ people have traditionally been terrible. The best part of the assistance from these forums, for the most part, is that the people on here take the time to assist a "newbie" and not make them feel stupid. For all of you people that have helped a "newbie" like me, :thumbs: , you guys and gals ROCK!!

Thanks Chris z  You are a genius. Right clicking gave me the option I needed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i wouldn't go that far........ but thanks. glad you got it working.

now that i'm home checking Konq, i see that i was a bit off in my guess. right clicking on a blank spot in the toolbar gives you the "show main menu" option. but hey.......... B)

Chris